Friday 17 October 2014

Final



There are some minor details to finish, like the shield badges on some characters and the zombie should have an orange shield. A few more lighting layers/ metals shines and adding more - or taking away all - ground shadows. The background tone and the shadow value destroys some of the silhouettes instead of helping to define them, especially the dragon. I was hoping the Zombie face would pop more too.

 I think the arrangement of the hero's poses could be spaced out differently for more clarity.

There is some problems with the layer arrangements too which became very confusing with so many separate shapes.
I learned too late in the process that grouping and working with isolated selections makes life much more simple. I also learned too late that instead of creating each shape separately and retracing neighbouring shape edges over and over there are ways to simplify the process it using pathfinder options. However I find that method less free flowing as you have to think it through earlier rather than pushing and pulling lines until they feel right. That preplanning kills some of the enjoyment.

I'm not sure how successful the Final character is, I feel he works better in the context of the range of beers and corresponding characters, each with traits that follow their name.  I don't feel this character inherently speaks "Beer" to an audience - too much context required perhaps.
I think the name 'Epic' is better served than the product 'beer'.

I know that if I could just get to the final sooner, instead of researching for weeks and drawing rough scribbles over countless pages, then these issues could be refined as I go, with time to correct all the minor problems like the list above. I do not know how to get started earlier and bypass all the work that ultimately ends up unseen and especially unused.

No comments:

Post a Comment